Your restaurant customers likely expect more, but can you deliver (even on your booth seating)?
Technomic Inc., a Chicago-based market research firm released a recent study, “Future of LSR: Fast-Food & Fast-Casual Restaurant Consumer Trend Report,” that indicates that your customers expect more from your restaurant – for the same price. Here at SIMS Seating, we understand that every aspect of the customer experience is key: service, lighting, decor, food, seating in the waiting area, seating in the bar, and seating for dinner. So, what does the survey say? Restaurant News did a fine job of recapping the survey and you can read the entire article here. We’ve summarized it below, as well.
- There really isn’t a big difference between quick-service and fast-casual restaurants: The lines between the two are disappearing, creating opportunity to improve the customer experience using more than just menu and ingredients.
- Ambience and comfort matter: Innovation in seating is what we do, so this hit close to home. Part of improving the ambience of a restaurant should include updating the seating to not only look great, but to make the customer comfortable. It should also be durable and long-lasting. We get it and work with designers and restaurant developers to create the right seating for your customer. It’s that important.
- Relaxed and casual wins the day: According to the summary, nearly 2/3 of consumers (or about 64%) reported visiting fast-food restaurants at least weekly and 40% visit fast-casual establishments. While customers love a relaxed atomosphere that is not intimidating, restaurant owners and developers should still look at high-quality construction, fabrics and details. You can still create a relaxed atmosphere, but set yourself apart with comfort and quality.
At the end of the day, your customers expect your table, booth, waiting area or bar seating to be exactly what they want: comfortable, reliable, durable, and great looking, too. No matter what you have in mind, SIMS Superior Seating will help you make it a reality. Give us a call today to learn more about all of our booth seating, lounge seating, dining seating and more. We are here to help.
We receive a variety of questions on a daily basis here at SIMS Seating. For your convenience, we have put together a few of our most frequently asked questions and answers. If you still have questions not listed here, or would like more information, please give us a call at 800-729-9178 or contact us online–we are here to help!
How long have you been in business?
SIMS Superior Seating has been manufacturing high quality furniture to meet the diversified needs of the hospitality industry since 1977, but Sims Superior Seating has been able to claim a legacy of a booth making tradition since 1947.
What products do you offer?
We have several products to meet the needs of the hospitality and food industry: standard booths, pouf booths, ottomans, waiting benches, seating dividers, chairs, barstools, planters, trash receptacles and more!
Can I view your products online?
Absolutely! You can view our catalog of current products right here.
Can you explain the meaning of certain terms and abbreviations found in your catalog?
We have put together a list of common terms, abbreviations and definitions right here on our website. If you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call at 800-729-9178 or contact us online—we’ll be happy to help!
Can you custom design furniture to meet the needs of our facility?
SIMS has the ability to produce anything you might think of when it comes to wood design. Start simple or go custom, we can deliver whatever you have in mind. We can produce a host of offerings with finished wood, laminates, as well as assorted price ranges of upholstery materials along with metal legs and fabrication. If you have something in mind that doesn’t quite fit the “standard design”, give us a call and we can discuss your ideas.
For more information about SIMS Seating, the products we offer, or pricing estimates—give us a call at 800-729-9178 or contact us online. And don’t forget to sign up for our e-news to receive special offers and important information. We look forward to hearing from you!
SIMS Superior Seating, your partner for all booth seating, pouf seating, and commercial seating of all types, has new catalog pricing on the way. If you are interested in learning more about why our innovating, amazing seating is better for your restaurant, waiting area, banquet hall, bar or lounge, you need to contact us today. Our products are durable, functional, gorgeous and innovative.
We only use durable, built-to-last vinyl on our furnishings, but we recognize that it will need to be cleaned, especially being used in the hospitality and food industries. Here are a few tips to help you keep the vinyl on your furniture clean and in tip-top shape:
For Light Soiling on Vinyl
When cleaning any type of surface, it is good practice to test a small, out-of-sight area before applying the same solution to the entire piece of furniture. For light soiling on vinyl, simply use a mild liquid soap with warm water. If necessary, use a soft brush to remove all spots and debris. Rinse well and dry with a clean cloth.
Difficult Stains on Vinyl
Again, be sure to test on a small area before applying to the same surface. For heavy, difficult stains, try using a weak solution of bleach and water. You do not want to use more than 10% bleach as it could discolor the vinyl. Let the solution sit for a few minutes, rub gently and rinse well.
To keep vinyl from drying out and in “like-new” condition, use a vinyl protectant or household furniture wax after every cleaning.
Contact SIMS Superior Seating
For more information about vinyl care and cleaning, give us a call at 800-729-9178 or contact us online—we would be glad to help!
You’ve heard the old adage “measure twice and cut once”.
At SIMS Superior Seating, we take that old adage and go a step further, working harder than any other hospitality seating manufacturer to ensure your installations go smoothly and exceed your customer’s expectations. We understand that it’s your reputation on the line, but it’s also ours.
Partnering with SIMS Superior Seating means:
- You are offering your customers only the highest quality hospitality seating available. Without questions, SIMS is a long-time leader in quality and durability.
- The installations go as planned. No one wants to get to the day of installation only to find that something isn’t quite right. The smallest amount of error could cause disaster. You won’t find that with SIMS. Our meticulous and rigorous sales, design and manufacturing process means that the seating is right and the project will be just as you promised. Partnering with SIMS Superior Seating means full confidence in the product and in the installation.
- Your customers gain with innovative and durable seating. Whether it’s a new restaurant, fancy hotel or sports bar, new or remodeled, SIMS provides classic and trendy designs to fit decors. The seating is also made to last! Durability in heavy traffic seating areas means the areas look fresh and inviting – for years to come.
Taking the guesswork out of the design, manufacturing and installation process means more success, longer relationships and happier customers. If you haven’t talked to someone at SIMS Superior Seating about our hospitality seating process and everything we have to offer, do it today. You’ll be glad you did.
Was it Bob Dylan who said “Times – they are a’changing?” Well, whoever it was, he or she was correct. As consumers and business owners settle into a “new normal”, changes are also making their way into the restaurant and dining industry, too.
Mercadito Hospitality, one of the largest restaurant groups, released what they see as emerging trends in the industry. Total Food Service, which provides industry info to the Metro NYC area, shared their findings and we thought we’d recap some of that for you.
- Behind the Scenes Grows: The idea of the open kitchen concept continues to rise in popularity, no doubt in part to the every growing number of chef and restaurant challenges on TV. Consumers want to see how their food is made and are interested in the personalities involved in its creation.
- Sustainable and Lighter, too: We’ve read a lot about menus changing to reflect locally grown, sustainable and organic. Consumers are increasingly looking for authenticity in their hospitality experience. This trend also extends to healthier and lighter options that don’t skimp on flavor. More and more emphasis is being put on the average American size and the hospitality industry is responding.
- Small Spaces: Great food and great design should be expected in any small space. Trends include great food and amazing design in areas such as airports, smaller retail shops, sporting venues and more. Custom seating, eye-catching fabrics and finishes, and comfort are all important when making the most of a small space.
Whether you or your clients are early in the design process or interested in updating and renovating the look and feel of an existing establishment, the SIMS experts are on top of innovations that capitalize on important trends, improve your bottom line and keep your clients happy. Contact us to find out more.